21. 06. 22
Texon will showcase latest products at material shows
Texon will exhibit at the NE and NW Material Shows in America this August as the events return to the footwear industry’s exhibition circuit after a two-year absence.
The restarting of these high-profile events gives Texon the chance to showcase its most recent sustainable solutions for footwear, accessories, and functional apparel. As well as highlighting new additions to its product portfolio, Texon will also be celebrating some of its more established, heritage components, which already form the backbone of shoe construction for many world-leading brands.
Since the last shows took place in 2019, Texon has made significant progress in rethinking and innovating its offering with a clear commitment to zero waste by 2025. With sustainability deeply embedded in everything it does, Texon has been pushing the boundaries of what’s possible, pioneering new production methods and solutions that hit the mark with consumers and can help drive positive environmental change right across the industry.Visitors to the NE and NW Material Shows will be able to see first-hand, samples of Texon’s latest innovations including:
- Reform 2.0 – building on the legacy of Texon’s trailblazing heel counter, Reform 2.0 now contains up to 66% sustainably sourced content, with no compromise on performance.
- ProWeave – this unique, patented, jacquard weaving technology makes it possible to seamlessly integrate functional and design weaving into a single upper and is proving popular with big brands.
- Texon Sportflex Eco & Bio – collaborating across its supply chain to source more sustainable materials, Texon has increased the recycled content in its popular box toe products from 4% to more than 60%. Made from a minimum of 69% sustainably sourced material, including sugar cane, which locks in carbon as it grows, Sportflex Bio toe puffs are completely carbon negative; while Sportflex Eco is created using industrial waste and made from at least 63% sustainably sourced material.
- Verde – this new biodegradable, circular cellulose solution contains up to 90% bio-based content and is designed specifically for use in sustainable, luxury fashion and homeware accessories.
Longer-established ‘Hero’ products will also be under the spotlight as the business celebrates 75 years of sustainable innovation:
- Ecosole 100 – these naturally lighter insoles are designed to offer comfort and performance and are made from cellulose fibres using zero dyes.
- Kabru – certified to GRS standard these cleverly designed insoles have a cushioned strobel that enables foam-free construction; plus their one polymer design ensures recycled content (currently 83%) and high recyclability.
- Ecoline – demonstrating enviro-conscious design at its best, Ecoline insoles are made with 85% recycled content and use a special fusion-bonding technology that completely removes the need for chemicals or water.
- X8R-EPM5 – these new and improved toe puffs now contain up to 66% recycled content – making them better for the environment, while still offering the same high level of performance.
- Uno – flexible yet durable enough to maintain their shape for life, these highly sustainable toe puffs are water resistant and unaffected by perspiration, making them perfect for athletic footwear.
- Halo – containing 50% recycled content and supplied net, these heel counters are part of Texon’s closed loop offer – meaning no leftovers, minimal storage, and a low transport footprint.
Commenting, Bryan Whitfield, Group Sales Director at Texon, said:
“Nothing beats being face-to-face with our customers – and we’re ready to bring everyone up to speed on what we’ve been working on as we celebrate 75 years of sustainable innovation. Sustainability has always been central to what we do at Texon, but over the last two years we’ve made even more progress. Considering our impact on a global scale, analysing our business every step of the way, and reporting on our environmental efforts every year, we are committed to creating today, in a way that will help sustain tomorrow. As well as developing new innovations that offer the footwear industry game-changing possibilities, we’ve re-engineered more of our established solutions – making them even more sustainable, without compromising their performance. There are a lot of developments to talk about with customers and as a team we’re excited to get back to the shows.”
To find out more about Texon’s latest innovations and sustainability efforts, visit the team at:
- The NW Material Show from 10 to 11 August 2022 at Stands 314 & 316 at the Oregon Convention Center in Portland
- The NE Material Show – from 17 to 18 August 2022 – at Stand 309 at the Hynes Convention Center, in Boston.
Alternatively contact the team online today.
Create + Sustain
Collaboration underpins everything we do at Texon and by working together, we can inspire one another and continue to lead the way – delivering more sustainable materials that are better for people and planet.Contact Us
Innovative, high-quality materials for footwear, accessories and functional apparel. Sustainable solutions for you, to bring your ideas to life.View products